Thursday, July 7, 2011

If You Look for Me

The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven
An opened can of tab sitting in the fridge
The scent of caress soap lingering in the air
These are things I hold dear from her, my angel, my guiding force, my Grandma
The passing has been awhile now, but I feel her everyday
She speaks to me in my ear, always present, always near
“If you look for me, look at the sky, look up high and you will see”
“I am the brightest star shining down, looking at you as you look at me”
As I gaze out into the stars, it comforts me to know she is there
She is such a source of strength, of guidance, and care
Though she is not here in the same sense as I am, she is ever here in my mind
My memories keep her alive, as if she is still holding my hand
Telling me stories, making me laugh, giving advice
I miss her so, but I know I will see her in the next life
Baking chocolate chip cookies
Sipping on a can of tab
Smelling like caress soap
These and much more are the fingerprints she has left on me
Marked by the trails of her existence forever etched in my heart
My angel, my guiding force, my Grandma
She speaks to me in my ear, always present, always near
“If you look for me, look at the sky, look up high and you will see”
“I am the brightest star shining down, looking at you as you look at me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment